Awards & Recognition
An Award-Winning Golf Course
In recognition of the many capital improvements made over the last several years, the District has been honored with:
- Named THE BEST golf course in Kane County in the 2012 Reader's Choice Poll conducted by the Kane County Chronicle
- Ranked 15th Best 9-Hole Golf Course in American by Golf World magazine in 2010 (click here for the article)
- Receiving the 2007 Illinois Park & Recreation Association’s Outstanding Facility Award
- Receiving the 2006 Community Image Award from the St. Charles Chamber of Commerce
- Ranking third for best area public golf course by the West Suburban Living’s 11th Annual Best of the West contest
A Certified Audubon Sanctuary
The Park District and staff at Pottawatomie Golf Course have shown a strong commitment to the natural environment and the wildlife living on and adjacent to the golf course. Every precaution has been taken to protect the environment and wildlife. Please respect natural areas.
On October 3, 1997, Pottawatomie Golf Course was the first 9-hole golf course internationally to become a fully-certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary by the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary System (ACSS), the educational division of Audubon International, endorsed by the United States Golf Association. To keep this prestigious standing, the course goes through an extensive recertification procedure every three years, concentrating its efforts on the preservation of bird and wildlife native habitats. Pottawatomie Golf Course is one of only 234 courses in the world to receive the honor.