Golf Operation Restrictions
From the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity
Effective June 1, 2020
Details coming soon
Effective May 1, 2020
- The Pro Shop including the sale of refreshments and merchandise is closed to the public.
- Tee Time Reservations ONLY AVAILABLE by calling 630-584-8356 or booking on Golf Now on the golf course’s website: pottawatomiegc.com
- Payments transactions will be by credit card or punch card only.
- Tee Times will be spaced 15 minutes apart.
- Groups limited to 2 golfers.
- Be Smart – STAND APART: Practice physical distancing regulations of 6ft. No handshakes please.
- Groups may not head to the first Tee Box until the entire group ahead of them has hit and left the tee box.
- Cup liners are elevated above the ground. The flagstick is to remain in the cup and should not be touched at any time. The ball is considered holed when it hits the liner.
- Please follow additional sign instructions throughout the golf course.
- Bring and use your own equipment. Pull Carts and Clubs are not available for rent.
- Riding Carts will only be allowed for individuals with a physical disability or physical limitation that prevents them from walking the course.
- Practice areas are closed.
- Bunker rakes removed. Please use your club or feet to smooth sand, if needed.
- Benches and ball washers will be removed or covered.
- Drinking fountains are not available. Bring your own water bottle.
- Practice good hygiene. Sanitize hands appropriately. Face coverings are encouraged.
- Follow carry in/carry out Leave No Trace trash etiquette.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Due to Shoreline Stabilization project on #3 Green, there is a temporary green on the fairway side of the river. The tee boxes on #4 and #7 may be moved due to traffic flow.
Spectator Policy (Not allowed at this time)
The spectator fee is $10. Spectators are defined as those persons, age 16+, who view the sport of golf. Any participation, such as swinging a golf club or putting, on behalf of the spectator immediately transfers him/her to a player status and the appropriate green fee will be charged. Spectators must be counted as a member of a group (max 4 persons). If a spectator is going to be in a cart, a driver’s license is required.
- Before starting a round of golf, each player must register in the Pro Shop to obtain a paid green fee.
- The maximum number of players allowed in one group is four.
- All golfers must have their own bag with set of clubs.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Only non-metal golf spikes or gym shoes will be acceptable.
- The starter shall have control of play and pairings at all times.
- Please respect all natural areas. Do not enter. Free drop. No penalty.
- There is an Out of Bounds around the perimeter of the course. The only in-course Out of Bounds is on the right side of Hole #1.
- Rain checks will not be given unless weather causes the course to be closed.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased in the Pro Shop are allowed on the golf course.
- Drivers of riding carts must be 16+ years old with a valid driver’s license.
- Spectators are only allowed on the course under certain circumstances, as approved by the Manager or Assistant Manager. Spectators are allowed at the Little Guys & Gals Tournament, the Pottawatomie Open, the Men’s Match Play Tournament, the Age 50+ Tournament and St. Charles High School (East & North) matches.
- Groups playing 18 holes are expected to complete their first set of 9 holes in 2 hours. Since the second 9 holes are scheduled 2 hours and 7 minutes after the original tee time, a group not completing the front 9 in 2 hours will relinquish their back 9 tee time. Staff will do its best to get the group back on the tee without displacing other groups with reserved tee times.
- The Park District is not responsible for injury to players or damage to equipment, and reserves the right to eject any player or group from the course or premises for violations of regulations.