Rules & Safety
St. Charles Park District strives to offer a pleasant experience for all guests. Rules are established to offer a clean and safe environment for everyone. Please obey all rules to ensure a safe and fun experience while visiting this facility.
Pottawatomie Golf Course is a smoke free facility.
- Help keep parks and facilities clean. Follow carry in/carry out Leave No Trace trash etiquette.
- Please follow additional sign instructions throughout this facility.
- St. Charles Park District is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
Sportsmanship Policy: click here
- Before starting a round of golf, each player must register in the Pro Shop to obtain a paid green fee.
- Credit cards or punch cards preferred for payment transactions.
- Tee Times will be spaced 10 minutes apart.
- The maximum number of players allowed in one group is four.
- All golfers must have their own bag with set of clubs.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Only non-metal golf spikes or gym shoes will be acceptable.
- The starter shall have control of play and pairings at all times.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased in the Pro Shop are allowed on the golf course.
- Drivers of riding carts must be 16+ years old with a valid driver’s license.
- Spectators are only allowed on the course under certain circumstances, as approved by the Manager or Assistant Manager.
- The spectator fee is $10. Spectators are defined as those persons, age 16+, who view the sport of golf. Any participation, such as swinging a golf club or putting, on behalf of the spectator immediately transfers him/her to a player status and the appropriate green fee will be charged. Spectators must be counted as a member of a group (max 4 persons). If a spectator is going to be in a cart, a driver’s license is required.
- Groups playing 18 holes are expected to complete their first set of 9 holes in 2 hours. Since the second 9 holes are scheduled 2 hours and 7 minutes after the original tee time, a group not completing the front 9 in 2 hours will relinquish their back 9 tee time. Staff will do its best to get the group back on the tee without displacing other groups with reserved tee times.
- Keeping score? Please be a good sport and play by the rules.
- Please respect all natural areas. Do not enter. Free drop. No penalty.
- There is an Out of Bounds around the perimeter of the course. The only in-course Out of Bounds is on the right side of the Hole #1.
- The Park District is not responsible for injury to players or damage to equipment, and reserves the right to eject any player or group from the course or premises for violations of regulations.
- Be the type of player you would want to play with…and most importantly, have fun!
- Show up early (20-30 minutes) before your tee time to pay, warm up and practice a few putts.
- Always replace your divots and fix your ball marks.
- Keep pace with the group ahead. Playing 9 holes should take only 2 hours.
- Carts must remain on the cart paths when available.
- Carts should remain at least 30 ft. from the greens at all times and never be driven between a green side bunker and the green.
- Rain checks will not be given unless weather causes the course to be closed.
- This facility is protected by the StrikeGuard Lighting Warning System.
Violation of any rules may result in serious injury and/or immediate removal from the facility.